Sunday, October 2, 2011

I am only Me!

Hey everyone reading this, I feel a little like Stephen King when he would start his books by addressing his faithful readers.  Yes, I was a King fan in my teens and into my 20's.  I read every book of his I could get my hands on.  In fact I still have a lot of those in hard back because once I started making some money I definitely couldn't wait for a paperback to come out.  My how times have changed.  I don't know when I last read a Stephen King book.  The closest I have come to horror or even fiction in a while was a couple of years ago when I started the Twilight series.  That series came to an end though when God convicted me of reading all these other books from cover to cover but never reading His book from cover to cover.  So I stopped in the midst of all the Twilight craze to read the Bible thru.  I bought a ninety day Bible and read it in 90 days and never read another Twilight book.  Yay God!  (Don't know where all that came from but as my daughter says....I am random anyway - random thoughts at random times even though I started a post that wasn't gonna contain the above.)

So what was I gonna say.....I am only Me!  I can't answer for anyone else but me.  I live my life, make my mistakes, ask for forgiveness and in the end I am only accountable for me especially if the others that are doing wrong ....do so and they know better.  I can't make that right, I can't say I am sorry, I won't answer to God for them....they will answer for them self.  Being me and being accountable for me is tough enough.  So I will be Me and only me.  A distinctly different person with different thoughts and different reactions.  If you look at the skies in the fall you see lots of BEAUTIFUL clouds but they are all different.  That is how we all are ......different.  Thank you God for making me that way.  Thank You for Making Me ...Me.  Don't judge me by the actions of anyone else but of my own.  I am Me!

So what is this ME.....  I am a sinner saved by grace, given mercy by the Father, shown love by the Son and filled by the Spirit.  I am no better than anyone else on this planet.  I just know God loves me and He cares for my every need.  I am striving daily to know Him better and to one day be like His Son.  I have a long way to go but it's o.k because He's Still Working On Me! 

Speaking of God working ....please pray that He keeps on working in the lives of some special people. 
Charles Humphries is having his leg amputated tomorrow to remove the cancer in his knee.  He will be taking chemo after that point to rid himself of the cancer in his lungs.

Peggy Bowers- still at Chapel Hill in stable condition

...there are other special requests that God knows all about.  Please remember your pastor if you go to church somewhere.  They have needs too and need to be uplifted.  Some of these are physical needs, some spiritual and maybe some even financial.  God knows them all and He will help.  We think of our pastors as being strong and so close to God that they might not need prayer but guess what. ... they are human too.  Their struggle is tougher than ours because they hear all the hurts and pains of all their members.  Add to that the battle with Satan that they face and it can be too much to bear but Our
God is bigger, Our God is Stronger, Our God is higher than any other.  Pray for your Pastor and if you don't have one....find one, and if you would like to pray for more than one....add my pastor Billie Lawson and even add my mom's pastor Jimmy Earp to your prayer list.  They both need your prayers. 

Love you all.  Pray my platelet count goes up!  It has been dropping and we are watching it to make sure I can still take chemo each time. 

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment