Monday, October 31, 2011

Time flies when you are having fun! : )

Good Morning,

I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted anything.  Wow!  I have been a busy lady in that time and thank God for that.  It is a blessing in itself to be busy.  To have the strength and energy to do things.  I guess being faced with a ? timeline in life makes you appreciate time much more and to be honest while I am living I wanna spend my time doing things with my family, with my church, and with my friends.  We have been to the State Fair since I last posted and had a great time there.  Maggie and I had tickets to see Skillet and really enjoyed that.  Yep, I was rocking more than some of the teenagers in there.  LOL. 
Yes, I posted a ?timeline in life above because none of us know how long we will be granted here on earth.  Since I last posted 2 of the people that I had requested prayer for in this blog have passed away and moved on to their reward.  To be honest their passing put me in a state of depression last weekend.  Jason Evans went to meet Jesus last Saturday night.  He was 29 years old and was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer 2 days before me.  To say his death really bothered me is an understatement.  I have prayed and prayed for him and his family.  I don't know why God chose to keep me here longer and chose to take him from his wife and 3 small children.  It is one of those things I guess I will never know.  Oh how I cried over this news.  My only consolation is that Jason went to see Jesus and I know that his family is being comforted by the Holy Spirit.  I know God has them in His hands and they will be all right.  Then after learning this news on Sunday morning, I went to church to find out that Peggy Bowers was being removed from life support that day.  Peggy died shortly after the removal.  Peggy too is in heaven now and is in no pain.  That was a lot to sink in a short period of time.  I pray that God is with both of these families.  That He will wrap those mighty arms around them and just love them and give them comfort.  What an Awesome God He Is! 

Thank goodness, that we discussed heaven a little bit in Sunday School yesterday and the question of whether we will know each other or not.  the consensus was that if the disciples knew who Moses and Elijah were when they appeared beside Jesus at the transfiguration that there will probably be some knowledge of who everyone is although it may not matter there, for some reason thinking that we will know each other while here on earth it is a consolation.  I think once we get there we will be so happy that everything will be wonderful and if for some reason we don't know each other it will be ok.  With that said I personally think we will know or have a sense of each other.  We will know Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit.  I wanna know John, David, Peter, and Paul.  They are some of the first people I wanna talk to.  I hope I get to see my grandparents again.  Oh....enough about that.  (yes, I am crying)

On another thought about heaven.....we had trunk or treat at our church Saturday night.  What fun!  The funniest thing is that our Pastor sat in his space and passed out candy.  He did not have a decorated trunk but said his was the imagination station.  That his booth was whatever we wanted it to be.  OH......How I loved that idea.  I told him I would have to think about that .... but it didn't take long.  If I have to think about it then I have to start thinking about Heaven.  To be honest, I go to sleep some nights thinking about what heaven will be like.  No, I don't usually get a visually but it does put happy thoughts in my head and yes I find myself smiling before I go to sleep.  So there you go, if you have trouble going to sleep, start imagining heaven and it will make you forget your worries here on earth and you will go to sleep Happy!  YAY!

....and yes I am rambling this morning.  but hang on!  and for those of you who have been missing my post....
I have been thinking of posting my thanks for the next 30 days starting tomorrow.  I did this last year but I started earlier than November.  It has been on my mind alot so starting tomorrow there will be a blog a day for 30 days at least.  Just warning you ahead of time. 

As for me and my health, I am doing great.  My tumor markers are in the normal range.  (yay).  Chemo will continue for now and probably the rest of my life.  I still am weaker than what I used to be but I just take my time doing things and take breaks if I need them.  Please continue to pray for me.  I will take all the prayers I can get. 

I will tell you one other thing.  I am taking a discipleship course titled "The Mind of Christ".  It is really challenging the way I have thought about some things in the past.  I truly wanna develop a mind like Christ.  This course includes a listing of Christ's virtues and how we can take those virtues such as purity and pervert it.  I had never thought of that before.  We can actually try to be so pure that we become puritanical and set ourselves above others in attitudes and actions, basically we become Pharisees our self.  HUH?  can you tell that my toes were stepped on!  Not just that virtue but others too .....or ouch.... maybe all of them.  But you know I am thankful that God still steps on my toes or as I sometimes say Bops me Upside the Head.  It means He cares and that I have not finished growing yet.  It means my heart and spirit are still set on grow and I am will to be shown my faults and work with God to correct them.  Yep, I am still striving to serve Jesus as best I can.  Still learning His ways and still trying to please Him.  I can think of no other repayment for the debt that I owe Him.  He died for me, by His stripes I am healed....He did it all for me and you too!  Oh How I love Him!  Oh How I want you to love Him Too! 

Well there is my post.  Yep, it's been awhile but you may grow tired of me in the weeks to come ..... cause I am gonna get my Praise and Thanks On!  Here comes my favorite Seasons of the Year.  Christmas and Thanksgiving.  Yep, Jesus is the Reason For the Season! 

Love you all

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment