Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's Almost Here!

It is almost Christmas Day!  YAY!  I love Christmas time.  Always have and always will.  I love the lights, the trees, the decorations, the spirit of it all and the time with family and friends.  This Christmas is extra special because I am still here to celebrate it.  Earlier in this year, I didn't know if that would be a possibility but here I am.  YAY GOD!  Some of my favorite parts are already over... The Christmas Cantata.  I love music and all those months of preparation are a fun to me.  It is actually a little of a let down when it is all over and now we don't have choir practice for at least 2 weeks so I will go into withdrawal.  It's o.k. though, I get used to it. 

I do have an interesting thing to note when it comes to the choir.  For the past couple of years I have tried to journal what is going on in my life.  Alot of time this was written after Bible study and prayer time.  Yesterday as I was reading some things I had written in October/November of last year, I came across one about the time spent in choir practice.  I don't know specifically what happened but in my notes I mentioned that I was looking for a move of God during the morning worship service that day but did not specifically feel God's presence.  What is interesting is that I noted that God waited till choir practice to blow me away.  I don't know if it was a song we sang, a prayer that was said (I suspect it was the prayer) or what it was but I know that during choir practice God was there and I felt His presence.  What an awesome thing!  He can be anywhere we are, we just have to open our eyes and heart to see and feel Him.  So yes, it was probably my fault I didn't sense His presence that morning but Thank God I was open to Him that afternoon. 

Well it is Tuesday Dec. 20 and it is chemo day for me!  Pray it all goes well and that I don't get sick.  I am gonna try my hardest to eat while I am there today.  I usually don't like to eat while getting chemo but then I feel really bad and I think part of that is because I need to eat.  So today I am gonna try eating something mid day while there.  Pray for me on this!  I always eat breakfast before I go but then don't eat anything but a few crackers while there. 

Love you all, Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up!

Tammy Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment