Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 1 Thirty Days of Thanks!

Good Morning! 

Here we go.  Before I start please note that I am not doing these in order of rank in my life but simply thanking God for things as they occur to me.  It will be random and it will be whatever pops into my head at given times.  That said, my first topic of thanks crossed my mind yesterday and then hit me again in my car this morning as Maggie and I were waiting for the bus.  So here it is....

Thank you God for the gift of MUSIC!  Yes, I love music.  I love the beat, I love the words, I love the emotions a good song can make you feel.  There are some songs that make me cry every time I hear them and other songs that make me smile.  Right now the songs that make me cry are "Like My Mother Does" by Lauren Alaina, and I think I will always cry at the song "Praise You in this Storm" by Casting Crowns.  Some songs are all about worshipping my God and I definitely love them.  There are even some songs that are meant to be turned up so that you can sing them in your car as loud as you possibly can with your daughter at your side singing too!  I remember us going to Bible study one night singing from a Brooklyn Tabernacle CD and we both were really into it when all of a sudden we noticed the people in the car next to us at a stop light looking at us.  OH WELL .... we were singing for our Savior and guess what ... we kept right on.  Crazy or Not - I don't care. 
As for favorite songs, I don't know they change sometimes.  Some songs fit times in our lives.  I will always love the song Angels by Amy Grant (I used to sing that in church when I was a teenager).  The song "The Old Rugged Cross" is special because I taught myself to play it on my clarinet and I will always remember singing that one in the car with my mom.  To be honest I am listing gospel music here because given a choice that is all I listen to anymore.  But I did have a time when I listened to country and rock.  I still will throw a Lionel Richie CD in my player sometimes and sing my heart out and if I would put my Garth Brooks or Randy Travis CD's in my car I would probably throw them in sometimes too.  (that would drive Maggie crazy). 

So what songs were me and Maggie singing this morning in the car.  Actually, we had time for two songs.   First there was "Starry Night" by Chris August...
here are some of the words:
 "I'm giving my life to the only one who makes the Moon reflect the sun. Every Starry Night, that was His design. I'm giving my life to the only son, who was and is and yet to come Let the praises ring, 'cause he is everything 'Cause he is everything" 

and the 2nd song...that I started all over again when she got out of the car so I could hear it again.  Stop Now if you don't wanna read all the lyrics...cause I love this WHOLE song. 

No Matter What

  • Songwriters: Chuck Butler, Kerrie Roberts, Tony Wood


  • I'm running back to your promises one more time
    Lord that's all I can hold on to
    I gotta say this has taken me by surprise
    But nothing surprises You

    Before a heartache can ever touch my life
    It has to go through Your hands
    And even though I keep asking why
    I keep asking why

    No matter what, I'm gonna love You
    No matter what I'm gonna need You
    I know You can find a way to keep me from the pain
    But if not, I'll trust you
    No matter what, no matter what

    When I'm stuck and there's nothing else by myself
    I'm just sitting in silence
    There's no way I can make it without Your help
    I wont even try it

    I know You have Your reasons for everything
    So I will keep believing
    Whatever I might be feeling, God, You are my hope
    And You will be my strength,

    No matter what, I'm gonna love You
    No matter what I'm gonna need You
    I know You can find a way to keep me from the pain
    But if not, I'll trust you
    No matter what, no matter what

    Anything I don't have You can give it to me
    But it's okay if You don't, I'm not here for those things
    The touch of Your love is enough on its own
    No matter what I still love You and I'm gonna need You

    No matter what I'm gonna love you
    No matter what I'm gonna need you
    I know You can find a way to keep me from the pain
    But if not, I'll trust You
    No matter what, no matter what

    I know You can find a way to keep me from the pain
    But if not, I'll trust you
    No matter what, no matter what
    No matter, no matter what

    yep .... that's it.  I love MUSIC!  and that song makes me cry and smile.

    So thank God for the gift of Music and now for the chance to throw one of my favorite scriptures at you. 
    Zep 3:17
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love,he will rejoice over you with singing."

    Did you see that .... He will rejoice over me with singing.  My God sings too and He sings over me!  Yes...I love Music and I love God!  He's singing over you too! 


    Have a good day!  It's a chemo day for me! 



    Tammy

     

    1 comment:

    1. Thank you for your post. It took me along my own path of music, and the songs God gave me to hear specifically at a specific time and place, in order to bring forth testimonies. Praise be to God for willing people to do what you have asked them to do. I love you and will not cease praying for you.

      ReplyDelete