Sunday, August 14, 2011

About that dream....

In the last couple of days my mind has drifted back to the dream I had before my cancer diagnosis.  I think alot about the lions in my dream.  Mostly the lion I believe to be God.  I am so thankful that God provided me with that dream prior to this journey and that he brought it to remembrance as the journey began.  I am also thankful that He keeps it in my memory so that I don't forget to remember him.  The strength to face a lion is provided to me by facing the Lion that Is God.  I do believe in my dream that the one lion was the cancer and the one I stood face to face with was God and He offered me protection, security and peace.  That is how I stood there praising my God because He was there.  With all that said He is HERE!  My God is awesome!

It is amazing sometimes when the image of a lion pops up in my life because when it does I immediately think of my dream which leads to thinking of God.  What a Good thing!  Yesterday morning I went to pick Maggie up from a church lock-in that she was attending with friends and notice that the bookstore beside the church was named "The Lion and the Lamb".  Love that name.  I think of the book of Isaiah sometimes when it says that the Lion will lie down with the lamb and I love that imagery.  What an awesome gift God gave me, a dream to comfort me, reassure me and to provide me with peace.  I just have to look straight into the face of God.  Sometimes I just close my eyes and imagine Him being right before me.  You know....He is close by all the time.  As close as a whisper.  He lives within me.  Oh How I love HIM.

I do have to say that I have had another dream.  I dreamt about a week ago about a party that was being given for me.  A big party where all my friends and family had come to celebrate.  My grandparents were there which is amazing because they are in heaven now.  I saw my grandpa very clearly in my dream.  In my dream I was over my sickness and I was regaining my strength.  My mom was concerned that I wasn't strong enough just yet for swimming at this party but I did it.  It was a weird dream in a way.  Not as clear in meaning as my other dream but I think there was a purpose for it because I can't seem to forget it.  Guess I will keep thinking on it and see if some meaning pops out on it.

Enough about dreams.  I do have chemo this coming Tuesday.  It seems like it has been awhile since I had it but it will have only been 2 weeks.  I am really thinking that i will get a break from this shortly or perhaps a break from it permanently.  My markers are still dropping and being in the 300s now I don't have far to get to 0.  YAY!

One other thing.....I sang with the choir this morning.  It has been awhile since I did that.  It felt great and I give God the Glory for the strength and ability to get up there and sing.  I love singing praises to my King and I love the song we sang this morning.  I am especially looking forward to Saturday night when we are having a community type choir singing at our church.  The civitan is hosting a benefit for Backpack buddies and have invited choirs to come and sing.  Our choir is gonna sing and I know the choir from Interstate Ministries is gonna be there.  The part I can't wait for is the fact that we get to sing a song with the Interstate Ministries choir.  I love when choirs get together and sing.  We have done this with another choir in the past and it was great.  So come on Saturday.  I will be there and you can too if you like.  It's at Wilson's Mills Baptist Church Saturday August 20th at 7pm. 

Love you all

Keep Praying and Keep Looking UP!

...please continue to remember Charles Humphries in your prayers.  He is the 16yr old with cancer.  He received chemo on Thursday and is not eating.  I understand this completely because even if it doesn't make you sick it does take your appetite away.  I don't really care to eat after I have chemo but I make myself.  Please pray for strength, doctor's wisdom, appetite return and peace for Charles and his family.  Please also pray for healing.  God is Good and He is Able!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment