Monday, August 29, 2011

Time flies except in a hurricaine

Wow its been over a week since I posted.  Last week was kind of a different week.  We had an earthquake and a hurricane in one week.  Wow!  The earthquake really took me by surprise but made me instantly think of the Toby Mac song...."Break Open the Sky"  It says "turn off gravity so we can fly.  I wanna see your face so tear the roof off this place, Jesus, Break open the sky.  Come Jesus Come, Come Quickly, Come quickly".  Earthquakes make me think of the end days and I believe we are living in them.  Really I do.  So yes Jesus, Come Quickly.  Then on Saturday we had the hurricane.  Talk about a long day.  We lost power during the night Saturday morning and did not get it back until about 24 hours later on Sunday morning.  Entertaining Maggie was a lot of fun.  She immediately got bored.  No TV, no lights, only a radio.  We ended up at my in laws and then at my moms for entertainment.  Thankfully nothing was harmed at our house during the storm.  My in laws lost part of a pecan tree and my mom lost some branches from trees plus a crepe myrtle.  Over all we faired pretty well.  Yay God!!!

Tomorrow is chemo day again for me.  In some ways it is just another day for me.  It usually makes me sleepy.  I get nauseated sometimes and I won't eat as good for the next couple of days because it kinda takes my appetite away.  That is minor complications considering all the good it is doing me.  So I take it gladly and thank God for the gift of medicine. 

I do have some prayer requests for you.  Please remember a fellow choir member in your prayers.  Her name is Peggy Bowers and she had a severe reaction to antibiotics that is called Steven Johnson syndrome.  She is actually in the burn center at UNC now and on life support.  They are saying she is in very serious condition and needs our prayers.  PLEASE PRAY.

Also remember my friend Karen Sullivan in your prayers.  She left this morning for Haiti for the week.  She is serving with a medical team there.  Pray for safety for her and that she will be used of God in the work she is doing there. 

Lastly still remember Charles Humphries in your prayers.  He is still undergoing weekly chemo treatments and having difficulty with dehydration. 

I know God is good and He has us all in His righteous right hand. 
Love you God

Love you all

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment