Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's Saturday and it's been a week since I posted.

Wow, it has almost been a week since I posted anything.  My how time flies.  Just to keep you up to date.  I did get chemo on Tuesday and everything went o.k.  I hadn't slept good for a few nights before Tuesday so Monday night I took an Ambien to sleep.  I slept Monday night, pretty much all day Tuesday and it lasted into Wednesday.  I won't take another one of those for awhile.  Wow...they take me out and make me moody.  For some reason they make me cry in the days after I take them. 
I went back on Thursday to have my pump removed and my markers are down to 361 and that was with them being drawn the week before when I didn't have chemo.  So I dropped 112 points during that 3 week period.  YAY GOD!  I still haven't talked with the doctor to find out where what's next.  I pretty much slept thru our conversation on Tuesday.  I guess I will find out the next time huh? 

Yesterday and today I have spent at my moms.  David and Maggie are camping and since it was so close to getting chemo I chose not to go tent camping with them.  They are having a good time and me and my mom are having a restful time.  My two nieces Brittany and Heather and my nephew Brandon were all at my moms on Friday so we just spent time talking which is not something families do alot of these days.  I really enjoyed that.  Brittany's new baby girl, Levi (oops, Peanut) was with her and I got to do alot of holding that precious little girl.  Right now she truly only sleeps, eats and poops.  She would sometimes pops those eyes open and when she did I would remind her of what a Great Aunt I truly am.  She might as well be taught the truth ....huh? 

Mom and I did venture out a little this afternoon.  We went shopping but only bought one thing and its a secret for now even though I don't think Maggie will see this before she gets it.  She will be so Excited and it is just a simple little thing for the Best Daughter In The World.   I did look at clothes some for myself.  I think I am gonna have to dig in my closet a bit for some smaller clothes.  I have lost approx. 60 lbs since the first of the year and my mother in law was already picking on me and today my mom is even agreeing with her.  It must be all the hair that has fallen from my head (LOL) cause it sure is getting thin up there but I haven't shaved it yet.  If you have seen it my hair is now frizzy....I guess from the chemo.  Since there is less of it up there the frizz is helping it not look so thin but it is definitely not what I am used to.  It bothers me sometimes (I have to admit) but I am alive and God is at work and hair is a small thing compared to all the other stuff.  (let me say that to myself 100 times now). 

I will post this for everyone that has brought us meals.  I have asked Kristy to stop it for now.  There is so much need at our church for others to receive meals and I feel better than I did at the beginning of this diagnosis and I think that between David and myself that we can do this.  Thank you for all that has been brought.  It has been very appreciated.  I will admit that I didn't eat much of it just because that is how my appetite goes but it has been a help to David and Maggie.

Please also continue to pray for all that the hurt, sickness, strife, and sin in this world.  My heart is full with thoughts of others going thru the same types of sickness as me and others.  Please remember Charles Humphries and his family in your prayers.  Charles is 16 yrs old and was recently diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemo now.  There are others I could mention but God knows them all.  Keep lifting them up in prayer.  Keep remembering me in prayer. 



LOVE YOU ALL

KEEP PRAYING AND KEEP LOOKING UP.....NOT JUST FOR ME BUT FOR YOUR OWN LIFE CIRCUMSTANCES.  GOD CAN AND STILL DOES WORK MIRACLES TODAY!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment