Monday, September 19, 2011

And the greatest of these.....is love!

While working on a Sunday School lesson that was asking what was the true mind of Christ, I really started thinking about that answer.  What is the true mind of Christ?  He was in heaven with the father before coming to earth.  He came willingly.  He lived here as a human, he suffered, he cried, he felt pain, he was tempted, and he was crucified.  He then rose again to join God at His right hand.  WHY WOULD HE DO THIS?  WHY??????  It has to be love....there is no other answer.  He loved us so much that He became a sacrifice for us so we could be with Him forever.  I know no Greater Love Than This.  As much as my family loves me, my friends love me, or for that matter anyone loves me...no one loves me more than God.  And if no one loves me more than God.....then I can love no one else more than I love Him Back!  He gave the ultimate gift.  A gift of love!  And what is His greatest command...that we love Him with all our heart, mind and soul.  That is my hope, my call, my life's purpose:  to love God, mind, heart and soul.  And what is the 2nd greatest commandment....Love one another!  To love one another is to serve, to share, to be available to assist others in what they need....even if they are unlovable.  God will give you the strength and the love.  If His love is in your heart the love will show.  Yes, there are people that are hard to love especially those that have wronged you in the past.  All I know here is to treat them right and lean on God in your relationship with them.  I honestly have people in my life that in my normal day to day activities I would not concern myself with because of the wrong that has been done but if God required it I hope and pray that I in love could respond to whatever He needed me to do for them.  I don't hate or dislike these people and in fact have forgiven them and they are aware that I am at peace with the situation...God brought that peace.  And no, I still don't trust some these people but it's in God's hands so I will continue to respond in love.  You see, we don't answer to each other really.  Yes, a child has to answer to its parents, all of us answer to the law and leaders above us, a spouse should have to answer to their partner but ultimately WE ALL ANSWER TO GOD!  So everything we do we will have to answer for in front of HIM.  I don't wanna have the wrong answer when I stand in front of him.  I want to have loved, served, and given Him my all.  My every word and action is accountable to HIM.  Nope, I am not perfect.  I don't do everything I should the right way but I am trying and I pray that God will direct my paths and keep me straight.  Yes, I am rambling this afternoon.  Got alot on my mind for some reason.  That happens some times and I guess today is one of those days.  Part of it is a burden I some times feel for others.  I really think people forget God is present everywhere.  He SEES ALL and KNOWS ALL.  We can't hide things from him.  Whether it is a sin committed, a denial of Him, or just plain being lazy instead of working for Him....He knows it!  We can look good to each other, we can go to church and be very busy there but are we really working for GOD!  Are we doing what the spirit is leading us to do????  That's a question I am asking myself.  So this post like most of the ones about God are....is for me more than anyone else.  Me and God work alot of things out by me writing them down in a journal, on a blog or in the margin of a bible study book.  Go God....I like working things out with you!  It means you are not finished with me yet and your spirit is prompting these thoughts in my head.  Keep them coming!  I will keep listening and thinking on such things.  I wanna Love like You Love to repay Your gift of love to me. 

I haven't blogged since last week so I didn't post on here that my cancer markers are at 92!  WOW!  God is still working!!!  He has been so good to me.

Enough for now.  I am excited that my Monday night bible study has started back up and I am well enough to go.  We are doing the Book of Acts this year as well as some other books by Paul!  Also discipleship studies start at church this coming Sunday and guess what I am taking "The Mind of Christ".  I can't wait to dive in to His Word.  I admit I don't do so well on my own...I need structure so structure is coming my way.  Ready to Get Busy in His Word! 

Love you All

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up!

1 comment:

  1. Tammy ~ thanks for the reminder that we are to love always; no excuses, no complaints; love simply as Christ first loved us ~ it was a timely message for me today.

    t

    ReplyDelete