Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lessons my Grandma taught me!

I have been thinking this evening about my Grandma.  Don't know why but it happens sometimes.  I miss her and my Grandpa alot.  I know their final destination is Jesus so they are in a better place.  I spent weeks in the summer with my grandparents and pretty much if we went on vacation as a child we went with them.  They took us to the mountains at least twice and I know we went to the beach once.  those were good times.  My grandpa was a quite man.  He liked to tease and although He wasn't vocal about how much he loved you....you could tell in words and actions that he did.  Love you Grandpa Moore

My grandma Moore on the other hand was very vocal.  She loved God and didn't mind sharing Him with you.  I remember bible stories from grandma, reading her many books (she left some of them to me) and going to bible school each summer with them.  Those were great days.
Things she taught me:
1.  Brush my hair before I went to her house (LOL)  wish she could see it now.
2.  Respect those older than you!  And yes I respected her - she had switches and knew how to use them.
3.  Respect your pastor - He is called of God!  To go against Him is to go against God himself.
4.  That if God has placed a calling on your life - you don't have a choice of whether to fulfill it or not.  She used to say preach or burn when referring to the call to preach and then choosing to ignore a true call.  I know I don't want to decide on my own not to do something God called me to do.  (yes, this remembrance today is convicting).
5.  Just because you are a christian doesn't mean you have to let people run over you.  You stand up for what is right in every situation.  Even if others mean well...pray for discernment and when God reveals to you the right thing....stand by it.  God will not lead you astray.
6.  Say a prayer before every meal....(no I am not always good at this but I need to get that way.)
There is one other thing that I thought of above but forgot it when it came time to post.  Maybe it will come back. 

My Grandma Moore was an outspoken woman who loved God, her family and friends.  I don't thing there was anything she wouldn't do for someone in need.  She believed in the power of prayer and I can truly say she served as an example to me in this area of christian life.  I never stayed a night with her that after we had gone to bed that I didn't hear her kneeling beside her bed and praying for everyone before she went to sleep.  It is wonderful to hear your name in prayer being lifted up by your grandma and knowing that she prayed for you every day of your life.  She also loved to read and shared books with me.  She was intimidated sometimes by the topics in the Bible because she felt she wasn't educated enough to learn all she could but you know it doesn't matter your education level.  The Holy Spirit reveals through the word what is needed for you at any particular time of life.  He has worked that way since Pentecost.  Thank you for the Spirit Lord! 

My grandparents laid a spiritual foundation for me to grow on.  They didn't bring about my salvation.  That happened when I was 10 and I asked God in to my heart and believed upon His Son.  I have not been the same since.  Yes I fell away for awhile but He brought me back ....He sought me and He bought me with His redeeming love  and I have Victory In Jesus!  I really don't know if our grandparents will know us in heaven...I hope so but all of that will be pale in comparison to meeting My God and King!  One of These Days....I'm gonna walk these streets of Gold that are paved for me.

Yes I am a little Crazy....Crazy for Jesus or as Toby Mac sings...what would people say if they know that I'm a Jesus Freak.  You know what I don't care.  I am what I am!  Might have to just go see Toby again this year!  Got my Skillet tickets for the state fair.  Can't wait!  Rocking for Jesus. 

And now we break for a Tammy Update:

The MRI today showed that my liver lesions are now looking more like scar tissue.  ?so that may be gone (dead).  The pancreas tumor is not progressing.  Possible ablations or radiation in my future.  Chemo will continue until my markers plateau.  currently at 141.  I am banking on reaching 37 this week.  Dr. Anderson says it will be 75.  we shall see  : )  either way it's a drop!  God is still Good.  He is Working all the time and O' How I love Him!  Thanks for all your prayers.

Keep praying and keep looking up! 
Love you all!

Tammy

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome post about my mom and dad. All of it is so true. It brings tears to my eyes. It is hard to be like mom and dad but even harder to be like Christ. Thanks for all the uplifting. We also pray for you daily. We love you!

    ReplyDelete