Monday, September 12, 2011

A Mother's Pride

This post is about my daughter whom I love very much. In the past couple of weeks with the start of middle school I have seen a child that is growing faster than I want her too.  She is becoming quite the independent young lady which makes me a little sad and very proud at the same time.  I am a little sad because she doesn't need mom as much but proud because she takes things into her own hands and takes care of them on her own.  She recently told me about an email she sent to the crayola company because she had lost a pen to a special notebook that she had gotten.  She asked them in the email where to purchase a replacement pen and included all of her contact information.  They sent her back a response which is when she shared with me what she had done (I was amazed) and then within a couple of days she got a replacement pen for free.  That is taking matters into your own hands.  She also has something going on at school that she is a little concerned about so she has taken this matter to her teacher and is receiving assistance.  I am glad she recognized what she needed and asked for help.  Go Maggie!  I know we all think our child is the best and I also know there are a lot of good kids out there but I truly thank God for mine.  She is a wonderful daughter.  She has a loving heart, makes friends easily and is very creative.  She will never know completely how much I love her although I tell her all the time.  I also tell her that she is my best daughter to which she rolls her eyes because she is my only daughter.  I pray that God will always be by her side and guide her life.  That He will protect her and keep her safe.  She is actually not my child, she is His!  This is something that I had to come to terms with when I was first diagnosed and I didn't know how long I would be here for her.  I just have to thank God for her and thank Him for each day He gives me to be her mom!  I know He will always be with her when I can't be and that brings me PEACE.  I truly trust her care to God!  He is directing her path as He is directing mine. 

That's enough about that.  I have chemo tomorrow and expect to learn my MRI results.  I will let you know what I find out.  I am expecting a positive report.  God Has This and either way I am in His hand.  Thank you God for that.  Thank you for your spirit that lives in me and provides comfort and peace.  I don't deserve God's love or provisions but He provides for me anyway because He loves and He looks beyond my faults and sees my needs.  I can never thank Him enough.  Thank You Father above! 

I still have some folks I would love for you to pray for.
Charles Humphries - going to a cancer center in Texas tomorrow to learn about more treatment options. 
Peggy Bowers - in the UNC burn center after an allergic reaction to meds. 
Jason Evans - Jason has the same cancer I have and was diagnosed around the same time I was.

I know God's presence is surrounding Charles, Peggy and Jason and He will provide for them as He has provided for me. 

One more thing, I am in Bible Study Fellowship which is a Bible study in which we go thru books of the bible.  Tonight is the first night back since May and I am excited.  I actually stopped going earlier than May because of all that I had going on then but I got all the lessons and kept up with what was going on at home.  Last years study was Isaiah and it was what I needed right when I needed it.  To learn the scripture about God's righteous right hand weeks before I needed it is right on time.  That is how God is.....Right on Time. 

Isa 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you;do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

This year is a study of the book of Acts.  I really can't wait to jump in and dig into His word.  I am sure it will be right on time also. 
Keep praying for me!  And keep looking UP!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment