Thursday, January 5, 2012

Just thinking

Good Morning! 

I once again have alot on my mind.  I started a read thru of the Bible on Jan. 1st and love digging into His word.  I started one last year but got sidelined by all that was going on in my life.  I actually had started some scripture memorization too again last year and that was side lined too.  BUT this is a new year and I am still here so I am climbing back into his word on a daily basis.  Even on my chemo days I am gonna climb in and know that God will give me what it takes to comprehend His Word.  I love having a daily Bible reading.  I am in a Bible study and that gives me something to do in His word almost daily but we have had a break for Christmas and I have a tendency to not do anything during these breaks.  So I have a plan and a schedule to check off as I read.  (I love the check offs)

Enough of that.  For the past couple of days I have had one song on my mind alot.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jazyUn4LMgA
I included the link above if you want to hear it.  It goes...

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior

I take Him at His word and deed
Christ died to save me; this I read
And in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my savior

That He would leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my Savior

My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Saviors always there for me.
My God he was, My God He Is
My God He's always gonna be. 

(I didn't know this song was in some Hymnals with the exception of that last part - Wow)

I guess this song gives me Peace in a way I can't explain.  I don't know why God does what He does.  I am not skilled to understand but I do know My Savior is there for me what ever God's will and plan is for me.  Over the past couple of days I have been in prayer for Hillarie Denning.  I did not personally know her and found out about her through facebook but I joined with over 10000 others in praying for her.  I prayed for her healing and I prayed for God's will.  God received Hillarie yesterday at 4pm into His kingdom.  I so don't understand the workings of my God but I know her life touch over 10000 people that were following and praying for her via facebook.  That probably doesn't even count the number of folks that do not do computers and the internet.  My God is an Awesome God and His light has been shining through this situation.  I will still be praying for the family in the days to come.  I sometimes don't know why I am still here and I am deeply humbled by the fact that I am still here.  I know He doesn't love me more than He loved Hillarie, or Mrs Peggy, or Jason.  I just have to accept that He is not finished with me yet for some reason.  I truly thank Him for all that He is to me.  I wish everyone could know God and trust in Him completely.  Well the tears are rolling let me move on. 

As an update, I have been feeling pretty good lately.  My appetite is o.k., energy levels are o.k. and overall I am doing Great!  I will have chemo again next Tuesday.  Thanks for your continued prayers.  God is Good! 

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment