Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Whatever!

I was reading on Mark Batterson's website and came across this writing by Mark:

"This past week I found myself praying “whatever.” It’s a simple expression of surrender to the Lord–I’ll do whatever you want me to do! Whatever. Wherever. Whenever. For the record, I think one-word prayers can be some of the most powerful prayers. God responds to a heartfelt cry for “help” when we don’t know what else to ask for!"


A couple of years ago when I was in the midst of some serious prayer about something going on in my life I remember very plainly God sending that word in my direction.  Yes, out of the blue the word "Whatever" came into my thoughts.  I started asking God what that was about but the more I thought about it the more I came to the realization that it didn't matter what happened in this particular situation that God had it and so that Whatever happened it would be ok.  this Whatever gave me a lot of peace of mind at that time.  I even started laughing that day over it because it made me extremely happy.  God lifted my spirit with one word.  Whatever.  It didn't matter what, when, how or where, He would take care of it and I could quit worrying about it.  Whatever still pops into my mind every now and then and I always smile over that answered prayer that really didn't have an answer and I can honestly tell you that even today it has not been completely answered.  But with the promise of Whatever I offer it in His hands and leave it there so He can do Whatever He needs to do. 

God is Good!  That post I was reading on Mark Batterson's site brought my whatever back to memory.  What a great thing!  Give God your problems, burdens, sickness and let Him do whatever is needed. 

Update on Me:  I am doing good these days.  Chemo next week.  MRI to be done in a couple of months???  Then we will go from there.  I am gonna get me a short hair do this week since most of my longer hair has fallen out but I still have a head full of hair.  I may have to post a picture of me on here soon since I now see some people and they don't recognize me.  I am the smallest now that I have been since high school.  Even when I lost weight on weight watchers a few years ago, I didn't get this small.  I am on the chemo diet.  (Yuck)  I really don't want to get too thin because I like having a little reserves on board.  Oh Well.... Ice Cream is my friend these days and so will those girl scout thin mint cookies be my bff   : )

Love you all

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up!

Tammy




No comments:

Post a Comment