Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Update

This is for my friends that don't do facebook.  My latest chemo markers are at 14.  Dr. Anderson told me Tuesday that he had not seen numbers as low as mine before and wondered if I had plateaued at 15.  Well, guess what.  I haven't plateaued at least not yet.  Yay God.  God is so good to ME!  I will say chemo knocks me for a bigger loop these days but at least I have more good days than these few that are bad.  As for the good days, they are the BEST.

Last Saturday I had the privilege to take my daughter and a friend to Winter Jam.  I had planned to take her last year but that was when I was first diagnosed and had a procedure at Duke prior to that weekend and could not attend.  Maggie went with the Acteens at church last year and had a good time but I am blessed to have been by her side this year.  It was 10 christian bands performing at the RBC Center from 6pm till ....  I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into.  Most of the bands I had never heard of before.  But I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  I ended up buying me a Building 429 CD which I am enjoying.  Maggie invited a good friend (Sophie) and we even let a boy ride with us.  (Jared - he had a ball too).  We stayed after the concert so that they could get autographs and there is no telling how long we would have been if they hadn't told us that the lines would end at 11pm.  Maggie's favorite band Skillet, wasn't doing autographs but that was o.k.  She got plenty of others.  She wore her Skillet shirt she got for Christmas and bought a Group1Crew shirt.  (Yep, they have a new fan too - yep I like Group 1 Crew).  Who Knew?  I thank God for times like these.  He is an Awesome God.  We got there at about 12:45 and the doors weren't opening until 5pm but God blessed us with beautiful weather and we waited outside sitting in the grass just chilling.  I am always a little leery of the waiting part especially an outside waiting event due to chemo effects but I was fine and we had a Great time.  I am so glad we met up with Jenna and Jessica and they made the wait go by faster. 

Well that's it for now.  Keep praying and Keep Looking UP!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment