Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year and I am still HERE!

I am a little (well alot) moved by the holidays this year.  I think that it is the fact that I am still here and I had the opportunity to enjoy them yet again.  I love Christmas and this Christmas was no exception.  I hated to take the decorations down on Friday but I knew cold weather was coming and I needed to get them down outside.  So since I was on a roll the inside ones came down too.  I really love our Christmas tree and already miss it.  Maybe I will get me a little one to stick in a room somewhere that I can light up when I want to.  (Why Not? we should keep Christmas in our hearts year round - right) 

Another perk to this holiday was that I spent the whole time home with Maggie.  I have worked or been on call for YEARS and this year that was all gone.  We even headed to Myrtle Beach on Wednesday and stayed till Friday.  I could have never done that before.  We went to Wonderworks, the beach, our to eat, stayed at Broadway at the Beach and had a good time.  Maggie was able to swim in the indoor pool both evenings.  If you go to Myrtle Beach and don't care if you stay on the beach the Hampton Inn at the Broadway shopping area is a good hotel.  This was our 3rd or 4th time there and I have no complaints.  You can walk right out the hotel to Margaritaville which is what we did.  As a matter of fact, we stayed there the summer I was pregnant with Maggie and took my two nieces with us.  That was in July of 1999 and Maggie had just started moving in my belly.  I remember my nieces trying to feel her move.  Good Memories!!!!

The best part of the whole season was time spent with family.  Seeing my cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, brother in laws and sister in laws was truly great.  I love them and they love me and I feel that love even though we don't see each other that much some times. 

Well, with all that said, I can't wait to see what this year will bring.  I started a read thru of the Bible today and am totally excited to start.  Learning more about God is a Good Thing.  He has done so much for me that I wanna know Him more.

Well that's enough for now.  I love you all.  Thanks for all your prayers in 2011.  Keep them coming in 2012.  God's not finished with me yet.  : ) 

Please remember my mom's pastor Jimmy Earp in your prayers and also Hillary Denning (a middle school teacher that had a stroke on Christmas eve - she is 32)  I don't know Hillary personally but she needs our prayers and God place her on my heart so I can't get her out of my head.  I know I have requested prayer for Jason Evans in the past and lots of you probably prayed for him.  As you know, he went to see Jesus but his family could still use your prayers I am sure.  They are still on my mind as well.  In the Toby Mac book I read there was the story of a man that said he learned that when God placed someone on his heart to be prayed for that he would pray for them until God let him know that it was o.k. to quit praying.  Once he felt the all clear he didn't always see the answer right away but he knew he had done what God had required of him.  So this year I am gonna do the same.  If God places someone or something on my heart to pray for then I am gonna continue to do so until He lets me know that it is o.k. to quit praying. 

Now I am done. 

Keep Praying and Keep Looking UP!

Tammy

2 comments:

  1. It was good to meet you in person.....I love reading your blog. You inspire me. Happy New Year and Praise God for all His blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I really enjoy reading your blog. I love reading anything that gives God the Glory. Without him we are nothing. Sorry we did not get to see you over Christmas but will be back sometime in the Spring. I have read the Bible through the last two years for the first time and enjoyed it. This year I got a new ESV Study Bible and plan to do a detailed study on the New Testament. Pray you continue to do well. We love you and hope to see you in March.

    ReplyDelete