Sunday, July 31, 2011

God is REAL

In our Sunday School lesson this morning the topic came up about how God works in the Bible.  That we can read about His nature, His grace, His mercy and His love for the people whose stories are contained within the pages of His Book.  As I sat there and listened to the discussion it struck me that alot of people limit God to the stories contained within those pages.  As I sat there with my Bible in its cover with a zipper closure, I realized that it would be very easy to let my experience with God live within those pages.  That I could easily zip Him up and let my knowledge of Him be limited by what is contained in His word.  While I am encouraged and strengthen by the word in the Bible, I really am very thankful for the Real God that I find and experience outside of those pages.  The concern in our class today is that people don't share their stories anymore of how God is working in their lives.  The people in the Bible most likely didn't have the written word the way we do today to reference so their belief was based on the stories that were passed down from generation to generation.  Now 2000 years since Jesus left this earth there are still stories everyday that could be written about God's greatness, love and works.  It is our job to share our stories with others.  I strongly feel called of God to share my story with others so that is what I am doing.  I posted the question today on facebook asking how do you know God is working in your life now?  (I don't think it was worded exactly like that but it is close).  I was hoping to get people to share how they know God is real and so far I have 4 answers which have blessed me and hopefully others.  Until you have to rely fully on God you may not know God for how Real He is.  When you have the opportunity to feel God's power and see His active work in your life it then it becomes your job to share it.  With that said not everything we experience is something we can share but if you feel God's prompting to share, I encourage you to do so.  Let that one person or the world know How Great He Is!  That's what my Blog is about.  Facing a Lion with God on my side.  Yes one Lion is God and the other is the cancer.  I have learned that facing God takes all the focus off the other worries, concerns, and disappointments in my life aka the other lion.  I choose to face God because He IS REAL, HE IS ALIVE AND HE IS WORKING EVEN NOW.  How do I know?  My tumor  markers are down.  My strength has increased.  My skin color per others is better.  See there is no set treatment for my type of cancer but God is placing the right doctors, nurses and others in my path to accomplish His Will.  I am a walking testimony to God's realness and greatness.  And if He will do it for me, He will do it for you. 

Praising God for His greatness!  I could go on forever on this subject and one day I will.  That's what heaven will be about.  : )

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up!

Love you all

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment