Friday, July 8, 2011

I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from.

It has been a bit since i posted but I am happy to say that it is not because I have felt bad.  It is because I have been in the mountains and didn't take the time to post.  I have felt good this week and had a good time.  David and the boy scouts had a planned trip to go gold prospecting and to camp out this week and he invited the girls to come along....so we did.  We camped out in the Comfort Inn in Marion and met up with the boys for the fun stuff.  Maggie, Olga, my mom and myself went and I think they had a good time too.  We rode on the parkway for a bit, went to the Cove (Billy Graham's training Center), went gem mining and basically chilled out the rest of the time.  The girls got to swim in the indoor pool at the hotel and they liked that.

It was wonderful to be in the mountains.  Sorry folks, but I have never been much of a beach girl.  I could go to the beach one or two times a year and be happy.  The mountains however.....I could live there.  The are so beautiful.  I just can't help but think of God creating the heavens and earth and how He molded those hills and all those trees, flowers, lakes and streams.  I feel closer to the garden of eden in the mountains.  Nature is all around you.  The most awesome thing was riding down the road and looking into a mountain stream and seeing 3 deer in the middle of it just standing there.  How awesome is that.  The views also affected Maggie.  She started talking about people that didn't believe in God and how could you not if you looked around you.  How can people see the beauty that nature beholds every where you look, not just in the mountains and not believe in God?  I don't know.  That is simply not wanting to believe in God.  How Awesome is HE!  I told Maggie that the mountains reminded me of the book of Psalm.   .....I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from, my help comes from the Lord the MAKER OF HEAVEN AND EARTH.  Thats what the mountains reminds me of.  Not only is it awesome being there but you can't help but feel closer to God.  At elevations of 5,000 feet above sea level, we had to be closer ; ) 

Another wonderful thing about the mountains was the time spent with my family.  Sitting on the bed in the  hotel with my daugther between me and my mom was priceless.  She told us she was the peanut butter and jelly and we were the bread.  Then she decided to change that to being a marshmallow and we were the crackers.  So we proceeded to squish her together.  how funny and what a memory for us all.  I treasure those moments more now.  Happy times, Times where you can share love and good times with your family...there is nothing better.  Never take that time for granted, make the most of the time you are given.  We are not guaranteed a tomorrow no matter who you are. 

Can I share a prayer request with you all?  I don't know if it is because I am actively fighting cancer that has made me more aware of what is going on or if the incidence of cancer is simply rising but there are several people around me that have been diagnosed with cancer.  Please pray for all people that are facing this uncertain disease.  Everyone I know of is facing a different type and they will receive different treatment that I do more than likely but I know the weight that this diagnosis can place on the person and their family.  It breaks my heart when I hear of yet another person who has been told they have it.  I pray continually for them.  These people are of different ages from child, to teen, to adult.  God be with them and their families.  I pray that He will give them peace, strength, love and that He wraps his arms around them and protects and shelters them from doubts and fear.  I know He will do this because He has done this for me and this is the prayer I pray daily for my own family.  God I love you and thank you for your gifts to me! 

Well enough for now, tears are falling but don't worry they are tears of thanks, tears of gratitude, of knowing that I am not worthy of my God's love but He loves me anyway.  Tears of knowing that God will be there for me always and that He will be there for these families too.  I love you God, I love your Son and I love the Holy Spirit!  Thank you for being there for me.

Love you all,

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up.

and as I write the above I am reminded of the dream that God gave me before my diagnosis.  I am thankful that He gave me that dream.  It was His provision for me to face the future.  You ask me how I am so strong.....I am not but my God is and He gives me strength.  So you are not seeing Tammy being strong, you are seeing God making me strong.  I am only that way because of HIM!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment