Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The little things (or perhaps the big things) in life

My daughter asked me on Saturday if I would take her to see Cody Simpson at Crabtree Valley Mall on Monday.  I did not know who Cody Simpson was so she quickly showed me.  She pleaded her case and by Sunday I decided....why not.  He was going to perform a concert at 1130 that morning but if you were in line by 10am you could receive a wristband that would ensure a chance to get his autograph.  So after much conversation, we decided to get up early and head that way.  I really didn't know if I could take all this activity but I figured that wherever we ended up I would just sit down while I waited.  So I got the girls up a little after 7am and we headed to Crabtree.  We got there probably by 815am and went inside (Yay - didn't know if they were gonna make us wait outside).  the line had already formed but we were less than 50 people back.  So we sat down and waited.  We waited and waited and waited.  About 945 they passed out the wristbands so we knew we were guaranteed an autograph.  We still wanted to keep our place in the autograph line so I waited there.  Once it got time for the concert, Maggie left me to go watch it and then as soon as he finished she rushed back to her spot with me.  We got thru the autograph line without any difficulty and Maggie got her shirt she had decorated with I love Cody Simpson signed.  Olga and myself got an autographed picture.  Yes I gave my picture to Maggie.  What happened later is what makes me know it was worth it. 

As I thought about the pros and cons of going, I realized that this was one of those once in a lifetime opportunities for me and my child so I decided that since I had been feeling better, I would make the most of it and we would go.  So we went.  Last night my child was still excited.  She has decorated her door with Cody pictures and her excitement was well worth the trip.  All it cost me to go was gas to Crabtree.  everything else was free.  that's a bargain. 

We don't get chance in our lifetimes for many once in a lifetime things so I took the chance and we went with it.  I am so glad we did it.  It is something she will not forget.  Even Olga was a little excited about meeting an American Superstar.  She thinks she is a Belarussian Superstar.  (LOL)

I thank God for these opportunities and for giving me the strength to do it.  I did have one time that I had sat on the floor for over an hour and when I went to get up, I actually did not think I was going to be able to do it.  I froze in the squatting position till I could get the strength to stand.  Needless to say I did not sit on the floor again.  Maggie had a ball, Olga enjoyed herself a little with the crazy americans and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Thank you God for everyday you give me!!!!

Keep Praying and Keep Looking UP!

Love you All

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment