Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Dream about the Lion (Feb 15, 2011)

What follows is the exact email that I sent at 6:27am on Feb. 15, 2011, the morning after I had the dream during the night.  I felt the need to tell someone and honestly can't tell you why I felt the need to tell only 1 person at that time.  I have told others since and now I am telling everyone.  What follows is probably the closest exact repetition of my dream.  Since I wrote it that very morning.  Kathy is a dear friend that I just met this year thru BSF.  She started going to church with us a WMBC in the last 2 years and then in Sept. she called me to tell me she was my leader in Bible Study Fellowship.  Our friendship and my love for her as a sister in Christ has grown immensely.  I trust her and know that the words she speaks are God inspired.  I have seen God speak thru her and stand amazed at her ability and willingness to allow him to speak to her.  Well enough about that ....Here is my email that was sent and it includes the most detailed description of it.  There were parts I had forgotten as I read it this morning but that is why I think I am writing...so I can look back and remember what God has done.  O.K.  Here Goes.....

Good Morning Kathy,

I just woke up from a dream and the first person I thought to tell was you. Hope you don't mind. I dreamed I went to a concert with a friend. I don't even know if this part means anything but the friend was a childhood friend from the church I grew up in. The coliseum we went to was like any other, I don't even know who we were there to see. There was a mix of music and I don't even know the type of music they were playing. Finally at the end of the concert the rapper Emimem came on except he did not sing a rap song. He was singing a really pretty song (singing not rapping). He then perceeded to walk off the stage and walked right over the top of us and then jumped off the ?acryllic walkway farther behind us. He kept singing the whole time then he went thru the crowd and was shaking hands. I held my hand out and the grabbed mine, looked directly at me for a moment then kept moving. The concert was over after this song. My friend was amazed that I touched him but I was not that concerned or amazed. The strangest thing happened next. This concert was not full there were lots of empty seats so when we left there were not alot of people filing out around us. We walked to our car and ended in a pasture to get to it. As we were walking I looked off in the distance and saw a Lion. He saw us and we started moving faster. Then a rather large dog came out from the woods and distracted the lion. I told my friend that while the dog had the lion distracted we should run to an old abandoned church and go inside. We went to the church but the doors were locked. So we walked off the porch to see where the dog and lion were. Not seeing them we decided to go to our car, as we walked to the car here came the dog. My thought was if the dog is still alive the lion probably is too. Although the dog was almost as big as the lion and even the same color I did not think he could take him. I finally looked to the right and there he was. The lion looking directly at me. I turned to face him and knowing this was the end, I told him to come on. I held my Bible up and told the lion that I was ready to see my Jesus. That he could do whatever he needed to do to survive because I was ready if this was my end. I opened my Bible and showed it to the lion, I told him about the scriptures in there and that these words are what I chose to believe......the lion stood there staring at me, not moving although at this point he was just feet from me. I told him about my love for God and that I sincerely thought with all my heart that I was going to be with him if he chose to eat me. I then closed my eyes and felt such peace. I decided to just praise God and let whatever happen happen. That is when I woke up. There was such peace in my soul facing the Lion.

With all that said:

I believe in dreams, I always have. I know Joseph interpreted dreams in the scriptures and the bible says in the last days men shall dream dreams. I have to believe that this dream is God delivered just for me. I felt the urge or need to tell one person and it is you. Don't ask me why but you are who I felt moved to tell at this time. For some reason I think I am going to face a Lion, but God was reassuring me.that the end result will be o.k. I don't know if the lion ate me or not but I just know I accepted whatever he was going to do and knew that above all things God Had ME!

I hope you don't think I am crazy, but I believe that you will not think that and that God led me to tell you for a reason. If in the future you see me facing a Lion, pray that I keep the faith and the strength needed to stand and face him. I don't have to fight this lion, I just have to face it and accept the outcome. In my dream, I started praying for my family to be o.k. with the outcome, I prayed for David for peace and strength, for Maggie for peace, strength, and protection in the future, and then for my mom. that is the part I woke up in. I said it was in praises but I think I started my praises after my dream turned blank. When I awoke, I actually wondered if I was praising Him out loud at that point.

How strange that it started at a concert, that emimen was singing (i don't even listen to him - I only know the name of one of his songs and could not even tell you the words of that one). Anyway....what ever it means. I pray that I stand firm in God, believe in his promises and trust him in whatever and in where ever He leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment