Thursday, June 2, 2011

Update on Tammy

Here's my update or my PRAISE!  I went to Duke on Wednesday morning for my study.  It was to check the flow of biliary fluid thru my liver and to determine if my drain that I had in needed to be exchanged.  I went thru the procedure, which was quite painful at times and as a result of my response during the procedure they decided to keep me over night.  They did place a stint in my liver at this time also.  My HR increased, Oxygen levels dropped and I developed chills and they decided to keep me to give me iv antibiotics and to control my pain.  This was a little upsetting because I wanted to go home.  They left a catheter in my side to recheck the flow this morning and if all was well and I behaved while I was in radiology they would let me go home.  So this morning I went back down, and with God's help I behaved and I came home without a catheter in my side at all.  YAY GOD!

This was a prayer of mine, I think of my whole family but I also asked God that if this would be something that I would need in the future to leave it in.  I know He knows the future where I do not and I didn't want a catheter out because I wanted it out if I was gonna need it.  So all that said, I made it thru a painful test, got the result I wanted and have teased Maggie that now I could go buy a bikini so we could go to the water park this summer.  She wants to go to Jungle Rapids at least once each year but I wasn't sure how fun that would be this year wearing long pants and a tshirt.  I was pretty certain the staff or people there having fun were not going to want to see a lady running about in her bathing suit with a bag hanging on her leg.  (Haha.....how pretty a sight is that).   So now the capris and shorts can return for me!  YAY  that makes me happy on these 99degree days.  (its' the little things in life sometimes that make us happy).

So thank you God for answered prayers.  Thank you for holding my hand.  Thank you for being there when I called on you today.  I know your presence was in that testing room both days and I specifically know you were there today.  I sensed your presence.  God, You are Awesome!  Truly you are!!!!

Thanks Mom and David for hanging by my side, supporting me thru tears and just giving a word of encouragement when I needed it.  Thanks also to Pastor Jimmy for being there.  Your prayers and support to my family have always been greatly appreciated.  And to my own Pastor who had agreed with me in prayer.....our God is Good!  He proved it again - didn't HE?  Love you all!

As for all the blog followers, friends, family and facebook friends....God is Good.  He is working.  Thanks for all your prayers, support and the love that I feel each and every day. 

And thanks again to Kristy G (my press agent) when there is good news to pass on it's impossible to catch everyone so Kristy very nicely send out the emails for me.  It is greatly appreciated......more than she will every know.....thank you Kristy!!!!

Keep Praying and Keep Looking UP!!!!

Tammy 

No comments:

Post a Comment