Tuesday, April 12, 2011

From the Chemo Chair!

Thought about posting this morning from the chemo chair but hadn't pulled my computer out so now a friend has suggested I write from the chair ....so I guess I will.  Wanna know what it is like?  I am in a room with 10 reclining chairs and a private room.  I am in the big room.  looking at the other people getting chemo.  I think I am the youngest that's ever in here and that's o.k.  I have friends that stop by to say Hi.  I was greeted at the door by a friend with a gift of a Lion that is scented.  He's so cute and cuddly.  So what a nice surprise to walk in to.  Then once seated I received another bag full of stuff that I am scared to unpack in here because it was so full.  It is coming from the Quality department at JMCS.  (and there is quality people in there).  Then another friend (a special angel sent to me for this particular time in my life) brought me a gift of 2 books and a bag of jelly beans.  The jelly beans have been really good to me today.  Yay for jelly beans. 
I was here at 9am and at this point it is 2pm.  2 more drugs have just been hung and then there will a push of another chemo med before I go home with the pump for 46 hours.  YAY ME.  (really it is o.k.) 
Sitting in the chair you get to watch people come in and out.  So far the room has been has been filled with patients at least once.  Every chair.  Right now.  their is a patient in the private room, and then 4 of us in the common room (i guess I can call it).  3 of us have been here all day so far. 
Just to bore you more I am dressed in jeans, purple shirt.  my purple wristband is on Facing the Lion    and   Praying for Tammy..   and my adoptive daughter Karissa gave me a necklace that I wear around my wrist to every treatment/test.  It reads Phil. 4:13 " I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me."  That gives me strength.  I bring my clinching cross my for the portacath access part.  It makes me cringe but you know what ....it truly is no harder than any iv stick I have ever had.  It's actually easier than any iv or blood draw stick that I've ever gotten.  So that is it for this room.  new patients arrive all day.  Some only get a few meds.  So get lots a meds.  Some only take an hour while others take all day. I heard one nurse ask a patient if they believed in God and I suspect the answer was yes or this particular nurse would have had a longer discussion. 
Nothing exciting is happening.  Just me in a chair.  Mom and David are beside me and we talk, we chill, David is on his computer, mom is talking with me and watching TV a little.  I'm a little bored.  Ready to go home.  I have crochet some and talk some.  Who knows that the rest of my visit will bring.  We shall see. 
Today I got my 4th drug but because of blood work they only gave me 50% of it.  (That's o.k. with me)  There was questions to start with over whether to give it to me or not, so they decided they would give it to me just at 1/2 dose. 
That's my life today.  God is here.  I said a prayer to cover this day and I know many others are praying the same thing for me.  He gives me peace, he will give me strength, He will be here thru thick and thin.  God is Good! 
Guess that is all for now.  Maybe there will be something else later.  Depends on God's lead. 
Love Ya and Keep Looking UP

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment