Friday, April 22, 2011

A good night

I have not had very many solid nights of sleep in a long time.  It's o.k. because I still feel rested for the most part.  Last night I actually slept in the bed and not the recliner.  I laid down probably about 10pm and slept till 4am.  I woke up then and immediately thought about Good Friday.  My thoughts turn to praise and I praise and thanked the Father, Son and Holy Spirit for their presence, their sacrifice and the gifts given to me.  Wow.  I am not worthy.  Then my mind went to prayer.  It is always for my family first.  I drifted back to sleep during that time and would wake up again.  I prayed for friends....drifted to sleep, I prayed for churches and pastors - including my own and others that are dear to me and i drifted off.  I know I covered almost everyone and everything between the hours of 4am and 6:30 am.  Yes.  that is when I got up.  What a peaceful, wonderful time.  Prayer, sleep, rest, and each time I woke I picked up praying right where I left off.  Thank you God.  I was so rested when I woke.  I have never had that happen before and I would love to have it happen again.  It was wonderful so I thought I would share.  I have often ask God to speak to me in my sleep and if you have read earlier posts you know He gave me the dream.  But how wonderful the gift of prayer in the midst of sleep but the ability to keep in step with everything as it goes along.  THANK YOU GOD........ISN'T HE AWESOME, ISN'T WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS, COUNSELOR, PRINCE OF PEACE, KING OF KING, SAVIOR, REDEEMER, WOW.  THE GOD HEAD THREE IN ONE!

One other thing....I had a thought about my dream tonight because as you know the Lion I am facing I determined is GOD.  Yes the cancer is the dark lion I pictured as a black dog as big as the lion in my dream.  And maybe I just needed a fresh reminder.  But the lion I am to face is GOD.....FACE TO FACE.....Looking at Him, because you know.....He's looking at the Cancer.  The Fight is HIS.....not mine.  He has it settled.  My job is to look at Jesus, to look at God, to let the spirit live in me with the chemo drugs, the cancer. to feel HIS spirit which gives me strength.  Sometimes I look at the process, sometime I look at the what ifs......Yes the What ifs....but I needed the reminder .....LOOK AT ME.  NOW THAT'S GOD.  I even  declare I heard a bird calling outside the window the other day and it was saying.... 'Tammy....can you hear me?  I am HERE"  over and other.  That was God too.  No drugs on board at that time.  I promise.

Love you all

Keep Praying and Keep Looking UP or FACE TO FACE WITH GOD and let him look at your problems.  You don't need to see where they are leading you or taking you.  God will get you there without ever a need to glance in that direction

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment