Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Today is the Day

Today is the day you have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.
Today is the day you have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.
I won't worry about tomorrow, I'll trust in what you say.
Today is the day!   (Lincoln Brewster) - yes a song

Good morning....today is chemo day!  YAY ME!  (NOT)  Actually the process itself is not bad.  I have port so starting the IV is very easy.  Here's my day in case you are wondering.  Might as well educate on my blog .....huh?
I will get there at 8:30
Access to my port started
blood work done an IV started
Once blood work comes back then the meds get mix and they decide the dosage and what I am to get today.  I should get all 4 once again.  I actually get 3 there and then bring one home.  I sit in a chair all day.  I can read.  Watch tv, talk, do puzzles, sleep or whatever.  I usually just chill.  I am not much of a tv person.  I can't focus good enough to read.  I talk to whomever is with me mostly or really I just chill.  Last week I got sick with the last med but today they have promised to give me meds prior to starting that one this time to stop it from being so bad.  Before I leave I will get my 4th and final med and it will come home with me in a pump for 46 hours to wear.  That's it for the day.  Once I get home, I will chill some more and then rest.  My next couple of days will not be the best.  I will be tired, sleepy, groggy and just go thru the motions.  So there that's chemo in a nut shell.

I will let everyone know that probably in the future, I will begin to wear masks in public.  Each treatment knocks my system down a little bit more and my resistance to infection and disease is dropping so I don't need any help getting any germs.  So don't be offended if I don't hug, shake hands or if you can't see my smile.  It's time to start protecting Tammy. 

I had a couple of good conversations yesterday with very close friends.  All I get is reassurance that I know in my heart .....that God is in control!  He is in control!  Of every day of my life.  So onward I go!  God is good

Leaning on His promises....not to harm me but to provide for me ....to give me a future that will glorify HIM.  Glorify Him I Shall.

Thanks for continuing to read this blog.  There are so many  reading to keep in touch with my life because I definitely couldn't talk with all of you.  Love You All

Keep Praying and Keep looking UP!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment