Saturday, May 21, 2011

Driving

I drove on Friday for the first time in 9 weeks if David's calculations are correct.  I have taken Maggie to the bus stop a couple of times this week but yesterday I drove to Smithfield twice.  No one was harmed and we made it there and back quite safely.  I haven't been driving because chemo sometimes seems to be affecting my brain and my concentration.  I sensed this alot when I first started it but I think that either my body is adjusting to the chemo and that part is not affecting me as much or it just that its almost 2 weeks out since I had chemo and the effects are wearing off but will be back on Tuesday when I get chemo again.  I think I am gonna try to be on the alert for that next week. 

I also started a study that I had bought a while back because my brain seemed a little clearer.  It is called Verically Inclined and as I think of it I bought it 2 years ago at a Whole Women's conference.  I felt like I could get into it and really needed something to focus on to get into the Bible again.  I have had a hard time even sitting down to read it.  I read and it seems that is it.  It's like the words weren't sticking so reading was doing me no good.  In the past couple of weeks that has changed also.  So I started a study.  Don't know how that will work next Wednesday but I guess I will see.  If I don't think I am getting it like I should I will put it aside until my brain cells kick back in again. 

Well that's about it for now.  What a wonderful feeling to drive.  I am actually going to drive again today because Maggie and I are going to church this morning for a WMU service and David has somewhere else to be at the same time.  The speaker this morning is a potter and will be talking with us while making a piece of pottery.  I am looking forward to this. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  Don't forget church on Sunday.  Remember me and my family in your prayers. 

Keep Praying and Keep Looking UP!       God Loves You!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment