Saturday, May 7, 2011

Encouragement from Above

This is exactly what I needed this morning......it came in an email from Dr. David Jeremiah.  I keep worrying about the future and what might be and even pray asking God to help me deal with the doubts and fears and last night I went back and read my dream.  God was there to fight for me.  I did nothing but stand still and praise Him and He was the one that drove the danger away.....so to get this email this morning is reassurance that I just need to do exactly what the verse below says: 

Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today... The LORD will fight for you....

Exodus 14:13-14a

and here's the rest of the email:
Who can imagine the terror that gripped the families of Israel in Exodus 14? The joy of their emancipation was overwhelmed by sudden crisis. Before them was the Red Sea; behind them was the flash of Pharaoh's swords. With no way out, they seemed to be facing annihilation. Yet the Lord said, "Don't be afraid. See what I will do. Stand still and watch while I fight for you." As Moses raised his rod over the waters, the winds of heaven blew and the sea parted before them.

God can make a way where there seems to be no way. Isaiah 43:19b (KJV) says, "I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert." The apostle Paul promised God will not allow us to be tempted beyond our ability but will with the temptation make a way of escape (1 Corinthians 10:13).
If you're facing a challenging problem, don't be afraid. Stand still and see what God will do. He will make a way.

God will make a way for me....He is fighting for me!  Lord, help me to remember that on a daily basis. 

Love you all
Keep Praying and Keep Looking UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment