Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Holidays are taking on a little different meaning to me this year.  The significance of each day actually everyday has a little extra meaning.  Every day that we breathe is a gift from God and in the daily hustle its easy to forget that.  No one is guaranteed tomorrow.  Even with my diagnosis and the uncertainty of the future, I am not guaranteed tomorrow since anything can happen at any time.  I think of people that die in car accidents suddenly.  Just yesterday in the news I heard of a father shot and killed himself and his innocent daughter.  There's a mother in that story that's missing a child today....on mother's day.  With the uncertainty of life it is necessary to remember the importance of each day.  To make sure that the people you love, know that you love them.  I was blessed today to spend time with family.  Alot of my family.  We had lunch at my mom's house.  Both my mom's sister's and their husbands were there.  My uncle and aunt from Alabama came down. I had cousins and their kids present and my sister in laws, niece and my younger brother.  What a blessing to be able to see and spend time with them.  God is so Good!!!!It was a peaceful afternoon spent in the company of people I love the most.  After we left my mom's we stopped by David's moms and while we were there my brother in law and his family stopped in so we had all the Wrights in the HOUSE!  That was wonderful too.  Nobody was in a rush to get anywhere and we got to spend a little time talking with them.  What a perfect day!  The way a holiday or special day should be.  Now I am at home with two of my most favorite people.  My David and My Maggie......yes we are all just chilling, watching tv and playing on computers but we are together and that is a great gift for me.  This holiday started out with me being a little sad.....cause if I let it in the midst of other things affecting my life.....it could have been depressing.  But when I stop to think about it in light of the uncertainty of life anyway.  I left the sadness behind and found the happiness in the day.  You see only God knows the certain things in life and since I don't there's no need to worry ......its in His hands.  So no more sadness....Only smiles now!  .....Yes that took a little thought and prayers to change my attitude but that's what prayers and thinking about God will do....take sadness and change it to gladness.

Love you all

Keep Praying and Keep Looking UP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment