Sunday, May 22, 2011

Stubborn People - Yep That's Me

I have an issue in my life that I am trying to be a obsessed with and not give to God.  As I started to worry about this issue one of the very first persons I talked with who knows exactly what is going on told me to not worry to give it to God that He was gonna take care of it.  So what did I do.... I continued to worry and think about it.

 Yesterday morning I awaken to read my "Jesus Calling" devotional book and what did it say......"I, the Creator of the universe, am with you and for you.  What more could you need?  When you feel some lack, it is because you are not connecting with Me at a deep level.  I offer abundant Life; your part is to trust Me, refusing to worry about anything.  It is not so much adverse events that make you anxious as it is your thoughts about those eventsYour mind engages in efforts to take control of a situation, to bring about the result you desire.  Your thoughts close in on the problem like ravenous wolves.  Determined to make things go your way, you forget that I am in charge of your life.  The only remedy is to switch your focus from the problem to My Presence.  Stop all your striving, and watch to see what I will do, I am the Lord."

Does that sound like a stubborn person?....yes that is me.  Did I continue to worry.....Yes I did.  Later in the day, I spoke with my mom.  She talked me thru the whole process and finally told me to stop worrying that God will provide.  There were times in her life that she was provided what she needed to keep going at exactly the right time and she is certain God will do that for me.  Did I continue to worry......welllllll.....I started getting it in my head that everything would be all right that I just needed to trust God.

So now this morning I get up to teach my Sunday school lesson.  What was it about?  Trusting God and how he provided for a widow when she was in need.  Yes..same message for what the 5th time.  Pastor Billie even mentioned in his sermon exactly what I was worried about and his message.  Stop worrying.....God will Provide.  So do I get it now.......YES I DO.  Pray that I keep trusting and quit worrying.  God will provide, I only need to trust Him.  Love you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment