Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - 2nd Day

It's early morning but I slept most of the day yesterday.  It was a chemo day.  (yuck) but  am gonna have to make my gift of thanks for that chemo.  I am still alive by the grace of God and by the gift of medicine He created.  It is only in the last couple of years that I have realized that medicine was a God given gift.  Even with me working in the medical field, I still felt like it was man made.  It wasn't until I was given a plaque for my office that told me that at that moment  was where God wanted me.  I realized with that plaque that my job was also my ministry and somewhere along that time I began to see all of medicine differently.   I felt burdens for my patients and for my coworkers and began to pray for them.  Yes medicine - the practice of it and the administration of it, and the creation of it is all God Ordained.  He gave us the brains and ability to do all this.  So that awful chemo that runs thru my veins is killing my cancer.  These meds were allowed to be created by God.  I recently heard the story of a doctor that was healed completely form a terminal cancer.  He was on his death bed when God healed him with the first dose of chemo.  As far as I know he is still a practicing doctor in Virginia and He gives God all the glory.  He actually recommended on the video that you pray over every pill you take.  Pray for your high blood pressure medicine, pray for your diabetes meds, and even pray over your chemo.  Pray that it works even better than intended.  God Can Do That!  There is nothing he can't do.
so there is my thanks for today.....Thanks for Chemo! and while I am at it thanks for my chemo nurses.  They are wonderful and they might not ever read this.  But here is a shout out to Bianca (my nurse) - she chose me because I am a problem child ; )  Also thanks to Regina, Tina and Lori.  You make my day brighter when  am there.  Thanks for the hugs, love and encouragement.  God Bless you all.  And Thanks also to Dr. Anderson. 

Well enough for today.

Love you all

Keep Praying and Keep looking up!

Tammy

1 comment:

  1. I am VERY thankful for your chemo too!
    Love ya!
    Kristy =)

    ReplyDelete