Tuesday, November 22, 2011

30 Days of Thanks Day 21 & 22

o.k. so I am gonna get caught up here!  I just don't get on here as much as I used to.  On Monday I was thankful for the internet.  Yep, it sure helps you figure things out.  As Maggie was doing her homework it was necessary to have internet.  I learned more about Archimedes because of what she shared while doing her home work that I started reading about him too.  He was a mathematician (?sp) and he truly loved math.  So much that he was forced to take baths by his servants and while in the tub he worked on math problems using ashes and writing on his body.  How is that for an obsession.  I thought it was a very interesting story.  I told Maggie that I loved doing Respiratory Therapy too but I didn't count my respirations while in the shower (lol).  I would not have learned so much if it wasn't for the internet.  It is so helpful for looking up anything.  From schoolwork, to religious topics, to reading email and to writing a blog.  What would we do without it?  I would definitely not be as smart but I might have more time on my hands ; )  but then again it does help make bible study go a whole lot easier.  So Thank you God for the internet and for computers.

For today Day 22 I am thankful for God's timing.  You know I get amazed at things and how and when they happen.  As I think back to my diagnosis and to the dream I had right before it I know it was God's preparation for me.  Even looking at my scripture memory log, the scripture I picked on Feb. 15 for memorization was Prov. 28:1 The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.  I think that is interesting that my verse had a lion in it.  And Yes boldness is needed to face and tell some of my story.  Being more open about my life and condition has been freeing for me and I feel a calling of God to share my story so I have needed that boldness.  (my diagnosis was the end of Feb.)  God has provided lots for me.  I couldn't even begin to start to name all of this.  I still say that one of the first prayers I had prayed for me at my church was by one of my sisters in Christ.  I will never forget this prayer, she prayed that God would provide the manna I needed for each day.  I didn't need enough for a month, a year or even a week, I only needed God to get me thru each day with His provisions.  Can I tell you He has done that!  His timing is awesome!  His Love is Awesome!  Nope there's not a perfect time to get a cancer diagnosis but God knew when I was ready and that's when I got it.  I will never cease to Praise His Name! 

Thanks for reading

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up!

Tammy Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment