Wednesday, November 16, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - Day 16

Thank God for books.  I love to read, always have love to read.  When I first started getting chemo it was hard for me to read and concentrate on what I was reading but thankfully that has changed and for the past couple of months I have been able to read once again.  Yay. I used to read all kinds of books.  I grew up on Stephen King books - loved them and then a friend suggested Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles - I loved them too.  In high school, I read biographies, fiction, nonfiction, historical novels and pretty much anything that looked interesting.  I loved the library back then and went every couple of weeks to get more books.  I remember reading biographies of JFK, Lee Iacocca, Farrah Fawcett, and others.  I also read "The Winds of War" - all 3 volumes, The Thorn Birds, and alot of the classics just because I wanted to read them and not because they were required.  After getting married, I didn't read as much between home, works and life I didn't have time.  After I had Maggie, I picked up on reading again.  An occasional book every now and then.  Then when Harry Potter came out I read all of them.  The last series I started like that was the Twilight series but I will say in the midst of reading them, God convicted me of reading.  I listed all those books above and could not tell you how many books I have read over the years but until God convicted me I had never read the Bible all the way thru so I stopped after the 2nd Twilight book and started reading the Bible in 90 days.  After that I could never pick up books 3 and 4 to read them.  It just didn't feel right to me.  So for the last couple of years my reading has consisted of the Bible and religious books.  It is just what feels right to me now.  My latest books I read are Erasing Hell by Francis Chan (Great Book) and now I am reading Prayer That Starts Revivals by David Cho - Wow - what a powerful book.  I borrowed that one from our prayer room at church but I am gonna have to get my own copy so I can write in that one.  I still occasionally read fiction.  I read The Shack (great book) and really enjoyed Heaven is for Real (actually my whole family read that one).  I don't know what books the future holds but I will read as God leads because some of these books are life changing.  The Purpose Driven Life is life changing, the book I am reading now is affecting me and I can't wait to see what will be next.  I love Books and I am glad God gave me the love for reading.  And yes, maybe one day I will write a book.  Who Knows.....my life story may be in print one day.  I do believe God is calling me to share my story and that is why I am doing this blog.  God is WORKING AND I want everyone to know it. 

Love you all

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up!

Tammy  

No comments:

Post a Comment