Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - Day 20

I really have been thinking of this thanks thing and there is so much to thank God for that I think I am gonna start a list.  Not just a 30 day thing but just a listing of that I could give thanks for.  I think that will blow my mind to see it all in writing.  I don't think it is something I could do in a day, or a week but it will probably be a work that takes awhile.  Maybe at sometime I will share it on here.  With all that said, my thanks for yesterday is a Thanks for Sundays.

Yes I thank God for Sundays, the chance to go to church.  To hear the Word, to worship Him, to see my sisters and brothers in Christ.  I love Sundays.  Yesterday's sermon was exactly what I needed.  Then follow it with discipleship study on Sunday night and another sermon and it was even better. 
The morning sermon was on Trust and that you can trust God.  Why??? because He has been faithful before and He'll be faithful again.  He doesn't work on our time frame, He works on His but we can trust he will be there.  The middle scripture of the Bible is Psalm 118:8 "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man."  Put your trust in God!  I have learn to trust in Him over the past couple of years and he had not let me down yet.  God is Awesome!  He is trustworthy.

So you might ask...what the evening service was about....It was about Abraham and his distress over not having a heir.  God told him he would have one.  Abraham didn't trust him at this point or perhaps he wasn't listening.  Huh???? do I do that?  Do I not listen.  I know that I don't always place complete trust in Him.  So pray that I do! 

Well there's my thanks for Sunday.  Yes, I am running a day behind I am not home much on Sundays.  Between church, lunch, going to Michaels, and then church again, not alot of time left but that's o.k.  I love Sundays....So thank God for Sundays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment