Friday, November 4, 2011

30 days of Thanks - Day 4

Today I thank God for friends.  New and Old friends.  Last night I had a get together with friends I have shared my Respiratory Therapy career with.  It included people that were with before I even went to RT school and those I was still working with when I had to quit working.  It was Great seeing everyone.  To Teresa and Shelby...thanks for leading me in the right direction career wise.  I will never forget the two of you taking me to Durham Tech to show me around and to introduce me to the RT faculty.   What's really cool about all of this is that some of these folks I have known greater than 20 years and we are still friends.  I know that they would do anything for me and I would do the same for them.  When I started arranging this get together, I tried to invite everyone I could.  Not everyone could make it due to sickness or other obligations but we left last night wanting to plan another one.  So if you could not be there, don't give up we are gonna do it again sometime.  Another great thing is that most everyone brought their family with them.  It was wonderful getting to see family also.  Especially the newest member of our RT family.  Mason Parrish (Good Job Tonya and Hayden).  I truly enjoyed myself last night, just wished we had more time to talk and a better spot to talk in.  Kinda of difficult getting to everyone last night. 

As I said some of these people I have known greater than 20 years.  I started RT school in 1988 and completed it in 1990.  I worked as an on the job trained RT tech prior to school.  I had been at JMH since 1985 when I quit working.  That's alot of years and alot of great people.  I love you all.  I am glad God caused our paths to cross in this life.  So thanks for all the fun and the memories.  I am proud to be a Respiratory Therapist and am proud that I got to work alongside some of the best in the profession.  Love you all!

Teresa Batten
Shelby Holt
Paul Keene
Diana Allen
Tonya Murphy
Beth Bizzell
Paul Geeding
Connie Knowles

And to those that couldn't make it....thanks for communicating with me via Facebook and email.  I missed you but I know we will stay in touch. 

God is Good.  And it makes me think of the song.  Friends are Friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them. 

.....Tumor markers are at 23.  YAY!  GO GOD!

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment