Wednesday, November 9, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - Day 9

Today I am thankful for animals!  Yes, those little pets that run around and even the big ones that make you realize just how Awesome our God is.  I have had several pets during my life and just recently I was thinking about the first pet that I really connected with.  Her name was Susie and she was a sooner.  Susie was my friend.  She listened to my problems and to whatever I needed to tell her.  She always happily greeted me and was always there.  I remember going outside and crying on the doorstep and Susie being there.  Nope she couldn't say anything back, only wag that tail but I knew she cared.  Since I have gotten married we have had several dogs.  Mack was a dalmatian and a great dog!  He loved his mama and was very protective of me when I was pregnant with Maggie.  Princess was a yellow Lab/sooner mix and she was my friend too.  She would follow me where ever I went and if you didn't watch out she would lay down right on top of you.  She had love in those eyes I really miss her and Mack.  I used to always walk out my door each morning and tell them both Good morning!  We eventually had a dalmation named Daisy and she was a sweetie and a loving dog.  She eventually had puppies and died not longer after that.  We didn't have her that long. 

As far as other animals, I love watching them.  It is awesome to see deer grazing in a field along the road and squirrels running thru the yard.  Every once in a while I get the opportunity to see birds that are amazing.  Watching a bright red cardinal, or seeing a hummingbird in flight or even the blue bird I saw yesterday.  How Great our creator is.  That's not even taking in to account a trip to a zoo.  Look at the stripes on a Zebra, the patterns on a cheetah, or the cuteness of a Koala bear.  Last year when we went to Tennessee and visited Cades Cove we saw 3 black bears in the park.  they were just freely running around.  How awesome is that. 

My God is Amazing, an awesome Creator and using that gift of sight I gave thanks for yesterday I can see His amazing creations in the animals He Made.  So thank you God for the gift of pets and animals that remind us of How Great Thou Art!

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment