Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Days of Thanks Day 11, 12, 13 and 14.

Good Afternoon,
Just wanted you all to know I am still here.  We went to the mountains on Thursday and came back yesterday afternoon.  As soon as we were back it was time for church and then there has not been time to get on here much since then.  So Although I was remembering to give thinks and thinking about my blog, I haven't had the time or the internet connection in those hills to actually do a blog.  So it is catch up time. 

Day 11 - I thank God for safe travels.  There aren't many times that I hit the road for a trip that I don't voice a prayer to God to keep me and those traveling with me safe.  I remember specifically praying prior to my trips to Duke.  Those were some out loud prayers, other times they are inner ones.  I also know as I left my house with Maggie and a friend on halloween night that I voice a prayer before we left because the weather was so bad.  Maggie even asked me what I was doing.  I told her I didn't wanna make that trip alone.  Thinking about it now, it is kinda funny that I think to ask God to keep us safe as we travel down a physical road in a car and how easily I trust Him to do so but let something pop up in my life and I don't always turn to Him so easily.  I don't always ask Him to keep me safe in my day to day travels that are also known as life.  There is a life lesson in that thanks.....Huh?

Day 12 - I have to thank God for Health.  Yes, even as I still fight this cancer, I am thankful for the strength and health I still have.  We went to Dollywood this day and I kept up with my daughter.  I am glad I am still able to do so.  Yes I get tired and when we got back to our cabin that night...I hit the bed and was out like a light but I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend with family today and that I still have the strength to go on vacations, shopping or just out and about with family and friends.  Thank you God

Day 13 - Thank you God for discipleship studies.  As I returned home this afternoon from our trip I was able to go to church and attend choir practice, discipleship study and then church.  Our discipleship studies range from Beth Moore curriculum with workbooks or the other studies such as the one I am doing now titled "The Mind Of Christ".  I love studying God's Word.  I guess I should title this thank God for bible study period.  Between this study and then the book of Acts in Bible Study Fellowship, God is once again teaching me and changing me.  Every time I open His word, I see a image in the mirror of His word that does not look like the reflection that He wants me to be Yet!  But God is still working on me and you know, as I read about Obedience, Willingness, Meekness, Humility I am actually glad that this topics bother me.  It means I am convicted by what the word is saying.  It means there is still a willingness to see the faults that I have and that I am willing to work on them.  I can't imagine ever getting to the place where I think the Bible has nothing more to teach me.  I get amazed at the times I pick up the Word and read something I have read before and then all of a sudden I am like WOW, I didn't get that before.  Between studying the Word for discipleship studies and BSF, it will change you.  I can honestly say these have made a Big Difference in my life.  I remember very clearly taking a Beth Moore class on David "A Servant After God's Own Heart" and reading a section one day that was directly what I was going through and exactly what I needed.  I literally thought that section could not have been in anyone else's book but mine because it clearly had my name on it.  I even looked at the copyright on the book to see that the study was 10 years old at the time and thought.  How did she know 10 years ago that this is what I needed today, at this precise time.  And guess what....Beth Moore didn't know that but God Did!  Thank you God for your Word and for the study of your word that disciples me into being more like your Son!. 

Day 14 - I think I will come back to this one tonight!  Gonna leave you hanging if you are reading this. 

Love you all

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up!

If you remember my prayer requests in earlier blogs for Charles Humphries - continue praying for him.  He is headed to Texas this week for experimental treatment for the Cancer in his lungs.  He has had his leg amputated and it doing great from that surgery.  Pray that this treatment will work and that God will heal his body!  Our God is an awesome God and He can do This!

Also pray for my mom's Pastor, Jimmy Earp.  He also has cancer and will be starting chemo soon in a pill form.  Pray for complete healing for his body.  He is a servant of the King and I know God can heal him too! 

Thanks for reading

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment