Sunday, November 27, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - Day 25, 26 and 27

Yes, once again I am behind in writing these.  My heart is thankful everyday and I can't help but give God the praise.  On Friday the 25th I was once again thankful for music.  I went with David and the Gospel Echos II to a singing in Tarboro.  The group and the church sang alot of the older hymns and songs I grew up on.  I heard "The Lighthouse", Keep on the Firing Line, Thank You God for Your Blessing on Me and lots of other songs.  It is amazing how music takes you to other times and brings back memories.  The song "If I could hear my mother pray again" was sung and it reminded me of all the nights I spent at my grandma's house and you could hear her praying before she went to bed.  I remembering listening to hear my name and it was always there.  Oh How I miss her and my grandpa.  Thank you God for Music and for memories of loved ones and good times. 

On Saturday the 26th, I was thankful for Christmas spirit and the opportunity to give my testimony.  We went to the Christmas Carousel and while it was busy there it was really fun to see all the pretty stuff.  While there I got the opportunity to share my testimony with a lady.  I was watching a booth for a friend from church and as we were talking about his Tshirts I shared with her that I had cancer and how my God had worked.  What a wonderful feeling.  Thank you God for your son whose birth we celebrate at Christmas and for the opportunities to tell of you love for us and for me.  At Christmas time it is especially important to remember this.  You knew when you sent your child to live here on earth what would happen to him and you willingly sent him and then He willingly died.  Oh How I love You and Your Son! 

Today I think the thing I am most thankful for is Nature itself.  From the beautiful clouds in the skies to the dancing leaves in the roadways.  God's handiwork is everywhere.  I love Fall for this reason.  I love the clouds (always have), I love the colors and I love all that I see.  The occasional deer that wanders in our yard and the leaves that dance in the breeze.  What an Awesome God we serve. 

Thank you God for all that you give us.  You are an awesome God. 

Keep Praying and Keep Looking Up!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment