Friday, November 18, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - Day 17 and 18

Sorry I didn't get on here yesterday but I had a busy day!  I worked at home, then went to the hospital to have Thanksgiving lunch with the Cardiology Staff, then on to PTA at the school with Maggie last night.  What a wonderfully busy day and it makes me very thankful for the time I have to do it.  So for the last couple of days I have to say that I am thankful for TIME!  Since my diagnosis in February, time has been on my mind.  No doctor ever said you have only  _____ days/mths/years to live but reading about my type of cancer didn't give me much hope.  However knowing I serve an Awesome God I decided early on that He was the one that would determine the day I would leave this earth.  So it would not matter what doctors said, what the statistics said, or for that matter what happen to anyone else with this same diagnosis.  I am a different person, my life is in God's hands and so is everyone else's in this world.  None of us have guarantees as to the length of our life.  Everyday we hear of someone passing in the night, someone being killed in a wreck or other loss of life.  None of it is planned.  So I thank God for the time He has given me.  Yes I am ready to see Him but I also wanna stay right here with my family and friends.  I know my daughter is on loan from God but I wanna see her grow up.  I love my family so much that I don't wanna leave them but yes I love God more so if He takes me tomorrow - I will be with Him and He will take care of my family in a better way than I ever could on my own.  So with all that said, I am thankful to still be here.  Thankful that I had time to go to the mountains last weekend with family, that I could go to PTA with Maggie, that I can spend a day with my mom.  So thank You God for Time, for life, for love! 

Day 18 - Thank God for Hot Water and Electric Blankets.  I don't get in the shower too many times that I don't say Thank you God for Hot Water.  I love a Hot Shower especially in the cold weather.  I am also thankful for Electric Blankets for the same reason.  On these cold evenings, I have an electric blanket that is plugged in by my recliner and even right now I am sitting in my chair with this blanket on.  So Yes, I am thankful for all things Warm! 

That's all Folks! 

Keep Praying and Keeping Looking Up!

Tammy Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment