Monday, November 28, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - Day 28

Because of something said at Bible Study tonight I have to say I am thankful for mirrors.  If you know me that probably surprises you.  I am not high maintenance, never have been in regards to makeup or hair.  And to be honest I usually avoid mirrors.  But mirrors are useful especially now that my hair is so different that it used to be.  I have to check it now before going out because my daughter and myself have decided that I have Willy Wonka hair.  Yes, my hair now looks like Willy Wonka in the original movie if I do nothing to it and then if I work on it I can actually make it look like Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka.  So if you see me it is o.k. to call me Wilma Wonka.  It will be fine.  So yes I am thankful for mirrors - that way I can calm it down some before going out.

So the other thing I thought about mirrors is coming from Bible study.  If I pass a mirror and see my hair out of place I fix it.  If you wear makeup and it doesn't look right you fix it too.  So with all that said....do we use our Bible the same way.  The Bible should be our mirror.  Do we look in it and see what is wrong in our life and then fix it?  I will be the first to say, No I don't always do that.  I don't apply all that I read.  So why not?  huh....good question to think on.  I won't let my hair go wild without fixing it.  If I saw a mark on my face in the mirror I would wash it off. 
But if the Bible shows me something wrong in my life do I fix it?  I should!  There's you something to think about for tonight.

Chemo tomorrow - pray me up

Love ya!  Keep Looking UP!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment